My daughter prepares to head off to Girl Scout camp in a little over a week. My son leaves Sunday for Boy Scout camp. In October I found some "Try-it" fabric and got a half yard because I really didn't know what to do with it and knew I had to have it. In December my husband came home from walmart in the middle of our move with to fleece panels of Boy Scout 100 year print. What to do with that??!! so over the spring I've found some boy scout fabric, and some other girl scout fabric but still no idea what to do with it. I was at my adopted Mom's house (she's the mom I got to pick for myself as an adult!) anyways she is an awesome quilter. She had some blankets that were just cut from strips of fabric and quilted onto a piece of fleece. LIGHTBULB moment! I can do that! so home I went with a plan to complete the boy scout quilts for my boys. Easy as pie I was done with those, and turned around to see my little Girl Scout standing there. Oh I can't do that to her!!! so off to the fabric store to find a piece of fleece....and another fabric to add to it. This was super simple to do! I cut the fabric in 6" wide strips, and put a 3" strip in there to add the little bit of Try-it fabric I had. Trimmed it with another fabric in a 3" strip rolled the edges, sewed them down. The I chose to stitch in the ditch the fabric to the fleece. Easy as pie and it is super cute. I finished this in about 2 hours only because I had to make a trip to Michael's to get some paint with my sister! The only thing is you need to get 2 yards of fleece, I only got 1.5 and had to cut the width off and attach it to the bottom.
There is never enough time in the day, don't let the day pass without accomplishing one thing!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Girl Scout Camp!
My daughter prepares to head off to Girl Scout camp in a little over a week. My son leaves Sunday for Boy Scout camp. In October I found some "Try-it" fabric and got a half yard because I really didn't know what to do with it and knew I had to have it. In December my husband came home from walmart in the middle of our move with to fleece panels of Boy Scout 100 year print. What to do with that??!! so over the spring I've found some boy scout fabric, and some other girl scout fabric but still no idea what to do with it. I was at my adopted Mom's house (she's the mom I got to pick for myself as an adult!) anyways she is an awesome quilter. She had some blankets that were just cut from strips of fabric and quilted onto a piece of fleece. LIGHTBULB moment! I can do that! so home I went with a plan to complete the boy scout quilts for my boys. Easy as pie I was done with those, and turned around to see my little Girl Scout standing there. Oh I can't do that to her!!! so off to the fabric store to find a piece of fleece....and another fabric to add to it. This was super simple to do! I cut the fabric in 6" wide strips, and put a 3" strip in there to add the little bit of Try-it fabric I had. Trimmed it with another fabric in a 3" strip rolled the edges, sewed them down. The I chose to stitch in the ditch the fabric to the fleece. Easy as pie and it is super cute. I finished this in about 2 hours only because I had to make a trip to Michael's to get some paint with my sister! The only thing is you need to get 2 yards of fleece, I only got 1.5 and had to cut the width off and attach it to the bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment